July is Travel and Cycling Gear month!
Since I am not lucky enough to be trekking with some friends up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, I thought this would be a good time to discuss some upcoming gear upgrades I have planned for my 7.5 fx and general travel gear. I discussed in one of my previous posts that I would take a month off from paying extra on my student loans to purchase travel and cycling gear. Some of the gear like the camera, convertible pants, and microfiber towel are things I have wanted to get for quite awhile and will be used on my upcoming trip to China and other trips. The biking gear are things that I have identified that will help improve my cycling rides. The cycling and traveling gear lists are certainly not exhaustive as there are always more things that I feel I need/want to get. As I start making use of the gear I buy, I will post reviews of it with my impressions.
Without further ado, I present to you the “list”:
- Nikon D90 digital SLR camera
- Nikon 50mm Lens F/1.8
- Nikon 18-200mm Lens
- Transcend 16 GB SD high capacity card with reader
- Aquis Adventure Microfiber Towel
- The North Face Apex Bionic Jacket
- The North Face Convertible Pants
- The North Face Surge Backpack
- Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor
- Garmin Forerunner 305/205 Quick Release Kit
- Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor
- Serfas FP-200 Bicycle Floor Pump with Gauge
- Camelbak H.A.W.G NV 100oz Mountain Bike Pack
- Bike Tire Levers
I look forward to receiving and trying this gear out. As I start making use of the gear, I will post reviews of it with my impressions.